Wednesday, 8 July 2009

Wimbledon 23 June 2009

On the 23rd of June happen to be the 2nd day of Wimbledon!!! and Yes I went!!! yay!!! however, I was not able to go for the whole day and the time I got there and so did some of my friends who were on the trip we only saw half of this match below. But still it was really amazing just to be there especially when Wimbledon was actually happing. As soon as I walked in it was incredible. I am not big fan of tennis at all but, it is different when you see it live and in London and at Wimbledon. Below are pictures from court three and Amelie Mauresmo was playing against Melinda Czink . I found out when I was there from my friend Zack and Maya that Amelie had won the cup in Wimbledon in 2006. So I thought that was pretty incredible that I was able to see Wimbledon Champion play even though she had won in 2006. Still amazing. She did win her match against Melinda. After the match some of my friends and I went walking around the grounds were packed. I tried that day Strawberries and cream which Wimbledon is famous for having. It was soooo good. I want more!!! Even though I only had about two hours, there I am soo glad I was able to go it is one of the top 10 highlights of my trip and something I will never forget. I have more pictures to post so the next couple pages will be pictures from Wimbledon.





No comments:

Post a Comment